Sweets and treats
sprouts aren't just for main dishes.
indulge with these recipes!
Wheatgrass frittata cupcakes
Ingredients for 6 cupcakes:
¼ c mixed bell peppers your color choice, the more the merrier! Yellow, Red, Orange, Green
1 cup spinach or ¾ cup spinach- finely chopped + ¼ cup wheatgrass pulp (from juicing)
1/8 cup finely diced purple onion.
1 tsp minced bottled smoked, or fresh roasted garlic
¼ cup shredded low fat mozzarella or almond cheese.
1 large egg, ¼ cup egg whites
1 oz. Wheatgrass Juice
Cupcake paper cups
2 Tbsp flour
Organic vegetable spray oil
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Place paper cupcake holders in tin. Spray with baker’s spray-combo of oil and flour or spray with vegetable spray and dust with all-purpose flour.
3. Spray sauté pan with organic vegetable spray and heat pan until a water drop dances.
4. Sauté onions & bell peppers until slightly soft al dente about 2-5 minutes stirring constantly with wooden spoon. Add minced garlic and cook another 30 seconds.
5. Process wheatgrass pulp in food processor. Add to raw spinach and mix with sauteed veggies. Allow mixture to cool.
6. Whisk eggs and egg whites.
7. Add wheatgrass juice to whisked eggs, mix until blended.
8. Add cheese to mix. Combine with vegetables.
9. Pour evenly into muffin cups.
10. Bake about 20 minutes until tops are slightly firm, slightly brown.
11. Remove from oven, enjoy with fresh salad greens tomatoes or fruits.
Store in refrigerator for 3-4 days to grab and go for a post workout snack or lunch accompaniment to fresh salad.
sprouted vegan mofongo ice cream
14 oz can organic coconut milk
2 Tbls. Organic Brown Rice Syrup
5 Tbls Organic Maple Syrup
½ Plantain boiled, diced
2 Benevolent Bacon® Hickory and Sage flavored strips-fried & crumbled
1 cup alfalfa sprouts
Pinch Himalayan salt
1 Bring coconut milk, maple syrup, brown rice syrup and salt pinch to boil.
2. Set in ice bath until room temp (ice in a bucket of water.)
3. Blend in plantain and bacon bits for the cooling process.
4. Add alfalfa sprouts and move the mix into an ice cream machine or to a container for freezing.